Welcome to Year 2
Teacher - Mrs L. Thompson
Teaching Assistant - Miss H. Richardson
Year 2 have adopted the Gospel value & virtue of 'love' and 'respect'.
Love - Acts 9:36
In Joppa, there was a woman named Tabitha, who was a believer. (Her name in Greek was Dorcas, meaning 'a deer'). She spent all her time doing good and helping the poor. Dorcas had many friends, she made clothes for people in need and she liked to help them. The whole town loved Dorcas because she loved her people.
Respect - 1 Peter 3:15-16
When you are called to give an account of your hope, answer with gentleness and respect, and with a clear conscience. In ancient Greece, people were considered to be intelligent when they were able to defend their ideas respectfully, having pondered them in a reflective way.
Hello to all Year 2 Parents and children,
thank you for contacting me with your photos and messages on our year group web page.
You have been busy doing lots of super home learning (letters, stories, reading and maths) and 'hands on' activities including jigsaws, models (lego and junk modelling), planting, baking, painting and of course the Joe Wicks PE workouts!
We hope you like the Easter activity ideas. Take care and keep in touch. Wishing you all a Happy Easter!
From Mrs Thompson
Dear Year 2 Parents,
1. We are sending you and your children the password and login details for the 'Oxford Owl eBook Collection'. These are the books which we are reading in school. This means that your children can continue reading at home. We are collecting in reading books from book bags at this present time.
Website: Oxford Owl
2. To help the children with spelling we have sent home 'Spelling Frame 'login and password details. Each child has their own.
3. To help with maths we are sending home individual 'Active Learn' login and password details.
School Code: WKP7
4. To help with 'special quizzes' you can download/print Reading, Maths, SPAG for Key Stage 1 SATS from the government website. Also check the Year 2 school webpage as we have put on some past papers.
5. The children can write an adventure story about going on a voyage (linked to our work about Christopher Columbus). They could write a diary and some information about different kinds of plants(science link).
Thank you for your ever continuing support,
Mrs Thompson and Helen